At the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), we are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA) and value a workforce that reflects the diverse experiences and perspectives of the communities we serve. As such, we welcome applications from qualified individuals of all backgrounds who share our commitment to public service.
This position is in the Technology Controls Program (TCP) within the Division of Examinations and will be located in one of the following locations: Atlanta, GA, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Ft. Worth, TX, Los Angeles, CA, Miami, FL, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Salt Lake City, UT, San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC.
If selected, you will join a well-respected team as an Attorney-Adviser responsible for conducting examinations entities focused on crypto asset securities.
Typical duties include:
- Participating in and providing technical assistance, regulatory guidance, and support to examination or inspection activities;
- Working as a member of a team with other staff members engaged in conducting examinations; responding to trends in the market; identifying areas of the market that merit special attention; and developing new inspection/examination procedures and processes;
- Conducting research, reviews and analysis of a variety of documents related to compliance; conducting reviews of customer trading and securities holdings; reviewing firm marketing; and developing recommendations to resolve problems in assigned areas of specialization;
- Preparing reports, correspondence, memoranda and other documents summarizing reviews, research and analysis related to registered entities, compliance with the federal securities laws; and
- Initiating and conducting consultations with staff of the Division of Examinations and other SEC divisions and offices on issues which present difficult questions of fact and law or policy that require review and consultation before being presented for final action.