At the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), we are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA) and value a workforce that reflects the diverse experiences and perspectives of the communities we serve. As such, we welcome applications from qualified individuals of all backgrounds who share our commitment to public service.
The Division also supervises use of approved models; develops market monitoring tools; provides analytical support, product expertise, rule reviews, policy insight; and reviews regulatory filings, risk positioning, internal audit, and liquidity.
Top 5 Typical Duties Include:
- Carry out a wide variety of duties relating to the securities markets and certain market participants, including review and analysis of rule changes submitted by self-regulatory organizations (SROs) and work on rulemaking initiatives and special projects relating to the equity, debt, and derivatives securities markets, the national clearance and settlement system, clearing agencies, transfer agents, and other securities industry participants.
- Assist the Assistant Director(s), other staff in the Division, and other offices and divisions in the Commission on a wide array of matters relating to the equity, debt, and derivative securities markets, clearing agencies, transfer agents, and other securities industry participants.
- Advise on regulatory, policy, operational, enforcement, and other matters relating to the national clearance and settlement system, U.S. securities markets, and related international matters and provide technical and legal assistance in the development and implementation of major SEC initiatives in these same areas.
- Independently analyze, summarize, and convey both verbally and in writing complex factual and legal issues; prepare summaries, memoranda, briefing documents, recommendations, and other materials related to same; prepare and present verbal and written briefings to Commissioners and their staff, as well as the Division Director, Deputy Director, Associate Director, and Assistant Director(s) with respect thereto.
- Assist senior staff in developing, proposing, and implementing rules, regulations, and policies related to the appropriate and effective oversight and regulation of clearing agencies, transfer agents, and other national clearance and settlement system and securities industry participants; help develop, coordinate, and implement SRO and transfer agent compliance and surveillance programs in a manner consistent with the Commission’s mandate under the Exchange Act.