We are looking for an Audit Manager, Assistant Vice President to work with a team of professionals to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls designed to mitigate key business risks to comply with relevant regulatory requirements, corporate standards and industry standards. As part of a collaborative global team, you will influence and contribute to Corporate Audit’s dynamic plan development process, lead and support execution of strategic audit projects and support staff development. The primary area of focus will be on State Street’s Global Markets Division covering front, middle and back office activities, Key products within Global Markets include: Foreign Exchange, Electronic Trading Platforms, Securities Lending, and Outsourced Trading. In this role you will be based out of London, UK.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can work up to two days a week from home
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Plan, oversee and/ or execute audits according to a risk-based methodology, recommend internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and prepare audit reports that effectively measure the residual risk and provide insight to root cause and impact on business strategy
- Analyze data, facts, and test results to draw appropriate conclusions regarding the effectiveness of the clients internal control environment
- Facilitate effective communication and coordination with business management at all levels
- Establish and maintain strong and effective client relationships across the lines of defence and with supporting IT organizations and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of assigned areas of responsibility, including key technology, products, organizational activities, regulatory environment and global footprint
- Meaningfully contribute to change initiatives by participation in system and business process change initiatives with strategic corporate significance by providing input on operational and technological risk issues
- Evidence strong team leadership skills which include creating an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members and supervising, coaching and developing staff through timely and meaningful feedback and on-the-job mentoring
- Invest in your development by expanding, maintaining and applying current knowledge of audit industry best practices, regulatory expectations, and subject matter (e.g.,. foreign exchange, securities lending and other capital markets and broader State Street activities)
- Demonstrate knowledge of financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminologies (e.g. COSO and COBIT); process and control industry standards; risk management practices and techniques; and internal audit process, technology and tools for planning, design, performance, testing and reporting