Mesirow is an independent, employee-owned firm founded in 1937. As specialists in investment, risk management and advisory services, we are committed to helping our institutional, corporate, and individual clients achieve their objectives. We are proud of Mesirow’s culture of fostering team member engagement, entrepreneurship, and empowerment. Our positive culture, volunteerism, and opportunity for advancement makes Mesirow one of the few employers to be included in both Chicago Tribune’s Top Places to Work and Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago.
This position is responsible for the professional and efficient managing of Conference Center visitors, internal employee meetings, meeting room and catering software, incoming phone calls, building security inquiries, general building information, and the operation and presentation of a professional office.
This position is also responsible for assisting with various administrative and operational Facilities tasks, including contract reviews, certificates of insurance and other Facilities-related tasks and projects.
- Ensures knowledge of daily meetings and events by checking the daily reporting software 24 hours in advance.
- Maintain the professional look and atmosphere of the Conference Center. As the “face” of Mesirow Financial, it is the responsibility of the receptionist to set an example.
- Anticipate the needs of guests and employees coming to the Conference Center by maintaining superior customer service skills and an upbeat but professional demeanor.
- Serve as the information distributor for other Conference Center staff by collecting instructions, requests, changes, or cancellations of meetings or events.
- Continual awareness and execution of proactive steps needed to ensure that the next day and future meetings, events and catering requests are met.
- Answer general inquiries from clients/guests/employees in a professional and efficient manner via all routes necessary (e.g. email/text/phone/in person).
- Provide assistance to employees needing help with meeting/catering software.
- Have basic knowledge of AV systems in the conference rooms and know how to troubleshoot issues when they arrive.
- Provide extra AV equipment and connectors when necessary.
- Ensure maintenance and operation of telephone dialing system.
- Serve as support and backup to other members of the Conference Center team when needed.
- Provide prompt and friendly assistance with coat check services as well as offering beverages to guests as they await their appointments.
- Continual monitoring of waiting area in Conference Center, keeping seating area clean of trash, spot-check floor areas in immediate area of desk and lobby to ensure cleanliness.
- Perform hourly walk-through inspections of conference rooms throughout the day to ensure rooms and hallways are clean, reporting any lighting or carpet issues.
- Report facility issues promptly through the appropriate channels.
- Able to react quickly and positively when last minute requests are made.
- Ability to deal with increases in demand and oversee the reception area while providing support to other Conference Center staff, Mesirow employees or building workers and still get clients to their destination promptly.
- Manage the renewals of all certificates of insurance for caterers delivering orders to Mesirow space.