The MAP Crypto Principal Analyst has a high level of competence in identifying Crypto and FinTech-related risks and working collaboratively across departments to develop strategies to address those risks. This role will lead and/or participate in the analysis of matters related to distributed ledger, blockchain and FinTech; work cross-functionally; and serve as a lead and/or representative on projects and initiatives involving distributed ledger or blockchain, and building innovative future capabilities. This is a professional position providing crypto knowledge and expertise mentoring, training, and advising staff, participating in and/or leading projects, and working under minimal supervision. The MAP program is the entry point for firms seeking to join the industry and ensures qualified firms become long-term contributors to a safe, thriving U.S. Securities industry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively lead or participate in the analysis of complex crypto-related matters.
- Lead and participate in the design and delivery of classroom instruction on technical matters related to Crypto and FinTech matters for both MAP and across Member Supervision.
- Proactively identify trends in industry practices, products, and procedures, and make recommendations to address as needed.
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking, issue spotting, interviewing, research, and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Crypto-Asset securities products, and activities of member firms and the industry.
- Support MAP Application Managers in conjunction with the Regulatory Crypto Principal in reviewing and approving Crypto Asset and FinTech membership applications. And serve as a resource to MAP Triage staff on preliminary review of Crypto-asset and FinTech membership applications.
- Actively lead and participate in meetings on firms with minimal supervision.
- Proactively identify ideas for in-house training.
- Participate in developing course content and advising MAP and Member Supervision Training on technical accuracy of classroom material.
- Serve as a mentor and coach on the Crypto-asset space
- Moderate and/or present subject matter material at internal and external meetings.
- Participate in Peer and/or Quality Reviews for Member Supervision.
- Ensure regulatory programs serve departmental goals and FINRA’s mission in an efficient and effective manner.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner as mandated by the department and/or rules.