To support the lifecycle of Transaction Management; involves the capture, validation, confirmation and settlement of transactions instructed by the primary investment manager and any sub advisors. The process begins when we receive executed transaction instructions from the investment manager via one of several standard message formats. Manages the day-to-day activities and controls and monitors the decisions of the staff to ensure consistency of policies adherence to procedures and compatibility of services to clients
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Middle Office Transaction Management, Officer
- Responsible for the direction and training activities of the staff.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews; provides ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation.
- Participates in the hiring, salary, promotional and termination recommendation process.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and controls and monitors the decisions of the staff to ensure consistency of policies adherence to procedures and compatibility of services to clients.
- Serves as lead for operations in client presentations or for projects that impact operations.
- Proposes and works to implement workflow changes and supporting technical solutions leading to improved productivity and profitability.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory compliance and developments for the assigned area and apprises staff as necessary. Recommends procedural changes as needed to support prescribed requirements and risk mitigation.
- Represent the corporation by serving on the internal and external committees and industry associations.
- Ensure that a robust control environment is created and maintained for all groups.
- Evaluate current operational and technical infrastructure and define strategic direction for development and change; including opportunities for efficiency and quality improvements.
- Understand current service offering related to market requirements and define and recommend service changes as appropriate
- Drive execution of internal projects and divisional goals related to the operations & client service departments
- Execute overall business plan in assigned areas.
- Set and monitor departmental productivity, efficiency and quality measures.
- Assess measure and manage risk exposure as part of standardized business practices; immediately address and escalate issues, as appropriate, to sustain strong financial performance.
- Creates and manages relationships with key contacts in departments that interact with the operations assuring they are satisfied with their level of service