State Street is the preeminent global administrator for Private Equity funds and enjoying a sustained period of growth across all business lines. We are looking for exceptional individuals to help drive this continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position. This managerial position has responsibility for managing the day-to-day accounting and administration offering for a portfolio of blue-chip alternative investment clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- As an Officer you will
- As an Officer you will partner with both clients and colleagues to establish the workflow and client deadlines while supervising staff members. Through continuous communications with clients and business partners, you will have multiple responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Lead a diverse team involved in the preparation of financial statements for alternative investments products. Set individual and team targets and priorities; maintain standards of client service; conduct performance appraisals; and give feedback on performance.
- Act as the point of contact for clients with responsibility for implementing and supporting the service requirements of our clients while ensuring that regulatory and fund document deadlines are met. Be a source of technical support and guidance including reviewing financial statements prepared by your teams, ensuring accuracy and prepared in accordance with GAAP, prior to issuance to clients and/or auditors.
- Support new business integration and ensure operating models are designed to deliver best of breed service to clients bringing to bear our global footprint.
Be the first line of defense in surfacing any potentially risky activity, and will work collaboratively with your team members to ensure data accuracy.
- Manage the planning, preparation, and execution of the monthly or quarterly net asset value reporting cycle for one or more alternative investment client relationships.
Be responsible for the allocation of income to investors, determination of management and incentive fees in accordance with the waterfall provisions, and processing capital events such as capital calls and distributions.
- Work with internal teams both onshore and abroad to provide best in class service to our clients while always seeking ways to improve and automate workflow and processes.
- Ensure adherence with internal policies and procedures and compliance with external governing regulations.
- Coordinate all external audit requests, and requirements from financial reporting, tax, compliance, risk and regulatory reporting.