After successful completion of the program requirements, individuals, at the agency’s discretion, MAY BE converted to a term or career appointment, without further competition. However, there is no guarantee.
This internship may be expected to continue through the summer and fall semester.
Come be a part of an agency where you have the opportunity to contribute to the assisting of financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets. EXIM is seeking students in various administrative and junior professional positions under the Pathway’s Internship Program. The program is designed to integrate the student’s educational studies with a wide range of clerical, administrative, and professional experiences that support the mission of EXIM. Whether you have a passion for acquiring or enhancing your administrative skills, or working in a more technical area such as loan specialist or business development, EXIM has an internship for you.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Country Risk & Economic Analysis Division:
- Works on sovereign/non-sovereign risk model framework, data manipulation and assessments. Implement internally developed models and risk rating scorecards for the CREA risk register/framework Use Bloomberg – for construction of business cycles/global macro models.
Office of Information Management and Technology:
- Assists with general project management duties including facilitating meetings, taking meeting minutes, capturing business requirements, documenting process flows and providing additional project management support.
Office of the Chief Management Officer:
- Supports the Chief Management Officer and Deputy Chief Management Officer core team on organizing and preparing materials for the meetings, taking notes, scheduling meetings, creating charts and EXCEL sheets, communicating with other offices, etc.
Office of the Chief Risk Officer:
- Plans, organizes and carries out analysis of the economic, financial, operational, and technological, and strategic matters relevant to risk exposure for EXIM.
- Conducts analysis to determine the nature of issues and problems that pose a risk EXIM’s operations.
- Makes recommendations on significance changes are required, and to develop important processes for programs.
- Develops, implements and documents the application of risk metrics and the agency’s methodologies for the assessment of risks throughout the agency.
- Documents and prepares risk responses on risk policy exceptions (i.e., scorecards, dashboards, risk threshold breaches).
- Supports organizational compliance with risk policies through regular key risk indicator exposure monitoring and assists in managing the governance structure.
Identifies, assesses, monitors. and scores on a risk impact, and likelihood, (regarding the most significant risks facing the agency.
- Tracks and reports on the enterprise-wide risk management plan.