From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
What you will be responsible for
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) within IMS Middle Office Portfolio Operations (Accounting) Investment Operations is responsible for managing a team with one or more supervisors of exempt and non-exempt employees. The AVP typically has management authority over teams that may have diverse roles and responsibilities. The AVP will oversee a variety of accounting and reconciliation processes as well as leading projects for the department, and lead communication with both internal and external clients. The AVP is responsible for ensuring processes and controls are in place to mitigate risk to the organization, and for providing leadership and direction to their teams. Responsibilities include:
- Supervise and oversee the activities of global accounting team.
- Develop procedures to handle new business requirements and increase department efficiency.
- Develop and ensure the effectiveness of the group’s plan of organization.
- Interact directly with brokers, custodians, investment managers, fund accountants and internal personnel to research exceptions identified via a reconciliation process and achieve resolution.
- Coordinate special projects and ad hoc reports.
- Resolving data quality issues through interaction with accounting and client service groups.
- Works with other internal business units to resolve complex or non-routine process in related questions/issues.
- Identifies and takes ownership of challenges and issues.
- Researches complex issues and proposes tactical and strategic solutions.
- Select and provide continuing training of staff.
- Assist in various aspects of technology enhancements.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews; provide ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation.
- Manage the day-to-day activities and control/monitor the decisions of subordinate managers and staff to ensure consistency of policies adherence to procedures.
- Serve as lead for department in presentations or for projects.
- Propose and work to implement workflow changes and support technical solutions leading to improved productivity and profitability.
- Represent the corporation through participation in various industry-related activities.
- As a member of Management team, participate in the short- and long-range planning process.
- Keep abreast of regulatory compliance and developments for the assigned area and apprises staff as necessary. Recommend procedural changes as needed to support prescribed requirements.
- Provide leadership direction and support to the managers and staff of the department.
- Manage relationships at all levels of the department to serve as an advocate between the staff and more senior management.
- Effectively communicate corporate and divisional initiatives to the management team to ensure concrete and measurable action is taken within the unit.
- Manage the operations to produce a superior product and provide service excellence to internal and external clients.
- Ensure controls and procedures are in place, and are being followed, to provide the best possible service and minimize risk.
- Establish measurable goals and objectives for the department and hold all employees accountable.
- Initiate projects and improvements to meet client/business needs and improve processes, bringing together other business units when appropriate.
- Perform other managerial and leadership duties (e.g. staffing, budgeting, client presentations, etc.).