We are looking for a Financial Crimes Audit Manager, Assistant Vice President, to work with a team of professionals to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls designed to mitigate key business risks to comply with relevant regulatory requirements, corporate standards and industry standards. As part of a collaborative global team, you will influence and contribute to Corporate Audit’s dynamic plan development process, lead and support execution of strategic audit projects and support staff development. The primary area of focus will be on UK and Ireland Financial Crimes including Money Laundering, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and Tax Evasion. In this role you will be based out of London, UK.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Plan and/ or execute Financial Crimes according to a risk-based methodology, recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and prepare audit reports that effectively measure the residual risk in the scope of the review
- Analyze data, facts, and test results to draw appropriate conclusions regarding the effectiveness of the clients internal control environment
- Facilitate effective communication and coordination with AML Compliance and business management at all levels. Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge base of the company’s operations, establish and maintain strong and effective client relationships within the business and AML Compliance and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles
- Evidence strong team leadership skills which include creating an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members and supervising, coaching and developing staff through timely meaningful feedback and on the job mentoring through the project lifecycle
- Invest in your development by expanding, maintaining and applying current knowledge of audit industry best practices and Financial Crimes regulatory expectations
- Display a high degree of professionalism and leadership and possess proficient organizational, analytical, communication and project management skills. Be able to manage complexity, multi-task and work independently in non-routine situations
- Demonstrate knowledge of financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminologies: process and control industry standards; risk management practices and techniques; and internal audit process, technology and tools for planning, design, performance, testing and reporting