Mesirow is an independent, employee-owned financial services firm founded in 1937. Headquartered in Chicago, with offices around the world, Mesirow serves clients through capabilities spanning Global Investment Management, Capital Markets and Investment Banking, and Advisory Services. We are proud that our intentional culture results in strong employee engagement, entrepreneurship and empowerment, with ongoing opportunities for volunteerism and advancement. Mesirow was recently named one of the Best Places to Work in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business and one of the Top 100 RIA firms by Barron’s. At Mesirow, we invest in what matters: our clients, our communities, and our culture.
Our advisors provide investment and fiduciary services to individuals, families, corporations, and non-profit organizations. With roughly $10B in assets under management, we have earned a reputation for effectively managing our clients’ needs and goals. Wealth Management has been Mesirow’s flagship business for over 80 years, built around our trusted advisors, with an average tenure of over 20 years.
We are seeking a highly motivated Client Relationship Specialist to work out of our Highland Park office to provide high-touch client service and dedicated operational support to a team of highly motivated Financial Advisors and their High-Net-Worth individual clients.
- Client onboarding, including preparation of new account paperwork and client information-gathering
- Account maintenance, including any account registration and account profile changes
- Asset movement processing, including journals, wire transfers and EFTs
- Assist with quarterly billing and performance reporting
- Client issue resolution
- Gathering tax information for clients and assisting with tax reporting
- Relationship management, including regular client contact
- General administrative functions, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining information in the Client Relationship Management System
- Exception report review
- Preparation of miscellaneous paperwork, such as letters of authorization, check-writing applications, operational documents, etc.
- Communicating with supervisors regarding compliance matters and miscellaneous regulatory inquiries
- Trade execution and trade error resolution, as may be applicable and required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience required
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses strongly preferred
- Familiarity with estates preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and positive “can-do” attitude
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Wealthscape Investor and Black Diamond preferred
- Demonstrates an ability to learn new processes and technology platforms
- Takes direction well and demonstrates proactive follow through on assigned tasks
- Ability to prioritize and effective time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Remains focused on tasks and retains composure under pressure or with conflicting priorities
- Gathers information and consults appropriate parties when additional guidance is needed
- Solicits feedback from team members on a regular basis and commits to performance improvement in identified areas
- Responsive to client requests and escalates to team members whenever necessary