- This event has passed.
CFTC & SEC Virtual Joint Career Forum
October 6 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Interested in an attorney career at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) or Securities Exchange Commission (SEC)?
Please register and join the CFTC’s and SEC’s Offices of Minority and Women Inclusion at their co-hosted virtual Career Forum, which will highlight attorney career pathways for each organization. The event will feature opening remarks by and CFTC Chair Rostin Behnam and SEC Chair Gary Gensler.
Three breakout sessions will focus on attorney career paths for:
- Enforcement – Investigations and Litigation
- Trading and Markets / Clearing and Risk
- General Law: Office of the General Counsel, Office of International Affairs, and Legal Division
The breakout sessions will cover the various functions of the organization towards advancing the work of each agency in protecting the American people. In addition, attorneys from both agencies will offer attendees insight into their career paths, the types of securities or commodities work they handle, and recommendations on how to best navigate the hiring process.
Students will have a dedicated session from 5:45 pm to 6:30 pm ET to learn about internships and early career opportunities.
For More Information
- For sign language interpreters and requests for related services, email SEC Interpreter or call 202-551-4158. Please allow three business days.
- For all other requests related to accommodations for a disability or medical condition, email Reasonable Accommodation.
- For additional information about this event, please email OMWI@sec.gov.