We are currently recruiting for a dynamic, entrepreneurial leader to join our platform as a Head of Fixed Income Sales. The suitable candidate will have a proven track record of success in leading a multi-product fixed income sales function with a focus on new business development, revenue generation, sales strategy execution, talent development and the management of a nationwide salesforce based in 12 locations. This individual will possess deep, sustainable relationships with industry participants (i.e., money managers, insurance companies and depositories) combined with excellent client presentation, communication skills and a solution orientated mindset. As a key senior level role, this individual will be a member of the Mesirow Capital Markets Board of Directors and represent the Company externally at industry events and conferences.
- Responsible for sales strategy development and execution focusing on new business development and revenue growth. Ensuring suitable metrics are in place to measure performance and progress.
- Foster a strong sales culture across the platform with the ability to recruit and develop top talent, motivate, and drive sales performance to achieve superior results.
- Effective day to day management of the salesforce including the creation and communication of individual/team sales goals and objectives and ensuring accountability for performance results.
- Partner effectively with the trading desk(s), research, middle and back-office teams, and Corporate Service functions.
- Build and maintain long-lasting relationships with key clients and industry participants ensuring we are aligned to serve their changing business needs and objectives.
- Deep understanding of industry-specific trends, market segments and the competitive marketplace.
- Effectively communicate our unique value proposition to clients through presentations and proposals.
- Represent the Company externally at industry events and conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree: advanced degree is highly preferred.
- Seasoned leader with 15 + years in progressive leadership roles with a proven track record of success in driving new business development, revenue growth and sales strategy execution.
- A dynamic leader who promotes a culture of accountability combined with the ability to develop talent, motivate, and create a dynamic sales culture that achieves superior levels of performance and results.
- Direct experience developing strategic priorities combined with the ability to develop and grow new products and offerings. Utilize metrics/measures to monitor performance and progress.
- Deep understanding of the Institutional Sales & Trading Fixed Income marketplace, including deep familiarity with various distribution channels and key participants.
- Forward thinker who anticipates and responds proactively to changes in the competitive marketplace, client needs and market segments.
- Personal drive, energy, and ability to thrive in a dynamic fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to perform in a highly stressful, time sensitive and regulated environment.
- Unassailable personal and business integrity, with a record that reflects favourably on the company and professional stature that commands respect and credibility inside and outside the company.