State Street IMS is a division of State Street Global Service providing operations and middle office services to various investment managers. The IMS Performance team provides client service, facilitates performance related inquiries by working the respective operational team to get the issue resolved and update performance figures in our internal systems.
Why this role is important to us
- Leverage Talent – Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce.
- Collaborate for Results – Do more than we thought possible by working together to accomplish our goals.
- Client Focus & Consultation – Provide excellent service and build strategic client partnerships with internal and external clients, based on knowledge of their needs and by exceeding mutual expectations.
- Manage Execution – Deliver flawless execution of work products through effective plans, clear priorities and developed process management methods to ensure all resources function at optimal levels.
- Quality & Risk Management – Drive high quality outputs and ensure that organizational risks are managed through embedding effective controls.
- Data & Analysis – Develop and maintain scorecards and metrics. Collect, analyze, package and communicate data at various levels for use by stakeholders.
What you will be responsible for
- Interacts with internal and external parties related to performance inquiries
- Prepares and reviews various standardized reports within the business unit related to accounting performance activities/discrepancies.
- Works to resolve performance breaks related to cash, position, and accruals for investment manager’s accounts.
- Researches complex issues, and proposes tactical and strategic solutions.
- Identifies and takes ownership of issues. Ensures problem resolution is well-documented and communicated to the appropriate parties.
- Acts as a resource within the assigned business unit to resolve complex or non-routine processing related questions/issues.
- Performs ad-hoc tasks to support team supervisor and the overall business unit as required.
- Responds to all inquiries timely and accurately.
- Provides recommendations for improving in processing or procedures.
- Assists the team with creating, updating and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Trains new hires and more junior staff.
- Act as operational day-to-day escalation point of contact for clients, providing technical expertise to address and resolve.
- Ensure strategic day-to-day management and maintain successful long-term relationships of assigned accounts.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes as well as assist with client conversions and projects.
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews, controls, and audits as needed.
- Ensure appropriate records of daily and monthly activities are kept.