State Street is seeking a Trade Operations Specialist, Officer for our Trade Operations team.
The Trade Operations Specialist, Officer is responsible for trade processing, settlement, and reporting of bank loan activity. The Officer will act as a subject matter expert and handle matters of complexity, including project work.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Trade Operations Specialist, Officer you will
- Perform and oversee trade processing functions including timely resolution of manual and automated processing issues as needed.
- Drive timely settlement coordination of bank loan trade activity with multiple parties. Heavy phone and email communication with clients and other external parties in addition to internal team communication. Key contributor in cultivation and maintenance of effective working relationships.
- Maintain clear and concise trade status comments on unsettled trade activity. Deliver material updates to clients on regularly scheduled and ad hoc bases.
- Serve as first point of escalation for complex and sensitive issues including reconciliation support and fail resolution. Lead resource on new, non-standard, and/or production ad hoc activities.
- Prepare analyses and publish various client and internal management reporting for day-to-day production as well as prioritized initiatives.
- Recommend operational process flow improvements to management team. Serve as project lead on delivery of prioritized continual improvement initiatives.
- Comply with company policies and controls including compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Train new hires as needed. May provide input for performance management purposes.